Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sew Awesome!

Last Saturday I went to IKEA and I scored two Karlstad Ottomans that were on sale for $70 a piece!  Originally $100 bones, I did a little victory dance for getting such a deal!  They are a great size and after bringing them home and assembling them, I am happy to report that they are the EXACT same height at the couch.

We got these ottomans because hubs and I are feet up type people.  Our couch is also a bit shallow so its nice to be able to sink down and stretch out a little!  We put one in front of our chair and the other we place vertically on one side of the couch to give it more of a chaise lounge feel.

I opted out of buying the covers: 1. They didn't really have the right colors for our space and 2. They were $50! I couldn't justify spending that much for a cover I was less than dazzled with.  They look like the above picture, pretty bare bones.  The top cushions don't even attach to the base and the birch legs aren't looking very stellar with our dark wooded furniture room.

BUT... It's okay because, I GOT A SEWING MACHINE!!!  My awesome Aunt Cheryl gave me hers!  It is currently still in its case but I can't wait to get everything out and start sewing covers for the ottomans!  I want to find a fabric pattern with a white base and spurts of these colors:


Tans, Reds, Turquoise, Chocolate, golds, you get my drift.  This picture on our mantle is really the color base for the whole living room.  All the pillows pull from different colors of the painting and the rug is a pretty gold color.  The covers I make will be super simple and will be easy to slip right over the whole thing!

YAHOO!

No comments: