Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Dobson Dream Team!!!

THANK YOU!
Excuse the crappy cell phone pic but these men are four of my Home Remodel Heros! They have been there for us since closing day and our house would be NOTHING without them!

I felt I needed to give a little shout out to them because without them, our house would still be ugly and gross.  They are hardworking, efficient, have great ideas AND they let me pay them in beer.  Pretty sweet deal if ya ask me! Now, allow me to introduce them. :]

Far left is my father-in-law. Give this man a hammer and he will build you a house in an hour or tear one down in 0.5 seconds.  Either way, EVERY remodel site needs a Roger, he is a machine and when he is around - Stuff. Gets. Done.

See what I mean...


Oh! Did I mention he's is a Mason :]

My daddio is next and he is the master of detail work. When dealing with major remodels, a lot of times the smaller jobs get forgotten when all the focus is on the large major stuff.  Dad helped us refinish our hardwood floors as well as the original moldings and window trimmings.  When it comes to finish work - this is your man. I LOVE YOU FAJA!

I have never in my whole 24 years of existence seen a taped off room quite like this!


Here he is helping refinish the awesome baseboards! (Yes, the room is pink - No, I did not choose the color)


My brother, David is our sparky.  He has made it possible for me to microwave a hot pocket, blow dry my hair and dry my clothes ALL AT THE SAME TIME! :]  When we purchased our house, all the elecrical was knob and tube wiring.  Now, thanks to the bro, we have a COMPLETELY updated electrical system and panel.  You. Rock.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of him in action! He spends most the time in the crawspaces and I ain't goin there.  Noooo Way!

Far right is my wonderful hub a lub.  I loooove him! He's is always doing stuff around the house, stuff that I would NEVER want to do. (see ode here) :]  He is what keeps me sane through it all and he is super talented at hanging pictures straight and level (I SUCK).  He is the best of the best and I am soooo blessed!

He does everything! From pulling up the beautiful poo colored shag carpet...


To prepping the house for its new paint job (what a chore!).


The Dobson Dream Team wouldn't be complete without a few more men. 

Dennis, Plumber extroridanairre! This guy is one of the most awesome people I know!  He redid the plumbing throughout our ENTIRE house! Not to mention, as our wedding gift!  He is the greatest of the great and we CAN'T wait for him to come back into town for round dos!

Emptying waste stuck in pipes.....that's not ours.... (gag)


Snaking our sewer drain (thats in our basement?) to make sure all is good in the hood..... (gag)...


We also have to thanks Davey D who came to the rescue when our furnace went kapoot.  We were cold and he made us warm :]  Thanks DUUUDE!



And last, but never the least. Dupdowdup (Scott).  If it weren't for him we wouldn't have our initials carved into our new chimney crowns.   Thanks Deet!


We feel so blessed to have all of you along with us for the ride and want to give a HUGE, GIGANTIC THANKS!!

WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: