Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pretty View in The Loo

Our bathroom walls needed something besides a silly towel rack and hook.  I didnt want to spend ANY money, so I got creative!

I had three white Ribba frames from IKEA that weren't in use and would look UH-MAZING in the bathroom.  So I swiped those from storage and sat down at my computer to think of what might be good art for a place you do your business and get clean.  Hmmmmmm...

In trying to keep with the "old, vintage, retro" theme going on in our home here are a few ideas that came to mind before deciding what to do.
1. Vintage vacation postcards.  These are a lot of fun and I love the feel they bring to a room. However, for the style of our bathroom which is feminine and light, the bold colors from the cards clashed and were to bold for the space.  Plus, I'm planning in similar artwork for the den. No.


2. Vintage Pin-up pictures.  Going more with the feminine vibe, I thought Pin-up girls would be really cute.  Then I realized that the bathroom didnt need to get any more "girly" and Justin squashed the idea almost instantly. No.


3. Vintage Wallpaper.  I glanced over to my shower curtain and realized how much I like the soft, daintyness of the pattern.  I decided to search the internet for other vintage patterns that would specifically bring out the navy and gold and brown tones of the space.  SUCCESS!

Here is the shower curtain...

And here is the finished Product!


I printed the three patterns I like most on regular 8x10 paper, shoved them in the frame, hung them on the wall and called it good! Instant, free, art. You can't beat that! Eventually I would like to do something a little more creative but for the time being, this will work just fine!




D-World Card & Pin-Up Chick

No comments: