Friday, February 24, 2012

Bathroom Plan

I wanted to share my ideas for our Master Bathroom with y'all.  My goals for the space were to keep that "old" feel since our home was built in 1938.  I also wanted to keep it bright since there are no windows and I wanted it to feel calming and organic.  It also couldn't be too girly so I think a found a good balance.

(I know it's small, click on image to make it larger)

1. We will definitely be creating this "faux paneled look".  I will add hooks in between the vertical boards and I think it will add a clean craftsman look to the room.  I'm thinking I'll paint this portion white but a subtle accent color might be good too.

2. This is the tile we chose for our flooring.  We're going to use grey grout to make the tiles pop and hide the dirt and grime that will accumulate.

3. I really liked this Allen and Roth shower curtain I saw at Lowe's.  I'm digging the turquoise with yellow accents right now. 

4.  I LOVE this vanity.  I love the natural wood tone of the base, the farm sink look and the contrast it would bring to a primarily white room.  We will have two of these, one placed on each side of the tub.  This may be too much furniture for the space but were going to give it a shot.  If they don't work out, the plan is to install two pedestal sinks.

5.  Our claw foot!  We have had this puppy for a while and I can't wait to clean it up and take a hot bath!  We are going to spray the outside with a high gloss white spray paint and just use the basic cleaner on the inside.  It is in really good shape so we don't have to spend the money on refinishing it.

6.  Two simple frameless mirrors will reside above each of the vanities but could get tricky with the slanted ceiling.  I think we may have to get custom circle shaped mirrors.

7.  This is just to show you yellow accents.  Red, Sapphire and Plum could be other accent colors should I grow bored with the mellow yellow.

8. We will be purchasing classic chrome/vintage looking fixtures for our sinks and claw foot shower kit.  Chrome was the finished used most in the earlier half of the century and we want to stay true to that.

9.  In contrast to our chrome water fixtures, I want to add a little more contrast with the finish on our lighting.  Chrome lights may look better in the end but I'll definitely be purchasing and at least trying a fixture in the oil rubbed bronze finish.  I think it plays nicely with the wood base on the vanities.

Well, there you have it.  I am so excited to keep going with the progress and get moved into my master space!

Happy Friday!

No comments: