Thursday, March 01, 2012

Main Floor Wishlist

Our main floor is alllllllmmoooost there!  Much of our home is working with what we have but I really am wanting to get some new pieces that pull everything together.

 The new dining light that I mentioned here is going to look amazing in our dining room.

I love the antique/industrial look and like how they almost look transparent which will be great when looking from the living room all the way into the kitchen!
I also want a new living room sectional.  I love the sofa and chair we have now but they are SO hard to keep clean with the dogs and all the traffic running through that area.  I am trying to decide between faux leather and fabric slip covered sectional.

I really like this one.  I want one with a chaise on one side, I also want a lighter color which will get dirty easier but as long as its slip covered I can wash it easily.


I also want new living room curtains but don't know which ones to get! I can figure that out once I get a new rug.  I want a rug that makes a statement against our neutral walls and sofa.  I found some examples.  The rug has to be something that can easily be cleaned.  I need to do some more research!


New countertops are definitely on the wishlist.  Our current countertops were installed as temporary and I can't wait to get new crisp, clean white corian countertops!
Love the clean look...

and how it makes everything stand out! Our backsplash and curtains will pop with new, white countertops!
*Found these by typing "white corian countertop" into Google*

Well, there you have it.  A bunch of big expensive items I want but am going to have to be patient for!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the snow white Corian (it has a faint sparkle in it) in my last kitchen and have solid/matte white Corian now. Both are great but the matte white shows scratches and the sinks are a pain b/c they will scratch and stain in time. The snow white adds something extra to the kitchen without being flashy. My current kitchen had the matte white in place when I moved in so I didn't pick it out but am remodeling and considering putting in a quartz material countertop to get a fancier look.