Thursday, January 17, 2013

Master Look

I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to do with our Master Bedroom...

I want it to be a comfortable space for Justin and I and something we both love.  I don't want it too masculine or too feminine but a space we both enjoy  I am very into the globalist look right now.  I love white walled rooms with punches of colors, textures and am especially in love with the southwestern/aztec like patterns that are out there.  Luckily the white walls give such a neutral base that all that is really needed to give the room some flava is some throw pillows, wood/natural accents and some green.

Pinterest has made my love for the globalist look grow and grow.  Here are some examples I specifically love.

Pinned Image Pinned Image
                                              Source                                                          Source
Pinned Image
Source
 
We purchased our curtain rod from Lowes.  It has a good masculine feel with the dark wrought iron look but has a hint of femininity with the crystal finials.  I also like these because they will allow me to bring in black accents throughout the space. 
 
Source
 
I found these fun pillows on Etsy and other sites but there is no way I will pay more than $15 for a pillow.  So I will be going fabric shopping very soon! These will add the global feel we want for the space.
 
Kente Home Style Lumbar pillow cover - 12 x 22 inches - Green Blue 
 
Cushion Cover Vintage Green and Turquiose Aztec Limited Edition  Fabric 
                                                     Etsy                                               Source
 

 
We also purchased this light from Lowes.
 
Portfolio 6-Light New Century Black Chandelier
 
To change up the look I am going to use these light bulbs from Lowes as well.  I thought it would add a unique look to the light fixture.  Here's hoping I'm right!!
I also need to get a couple of lamps for our night stands.  I am deciding between a few different looks; an antique studious look like this red one is one of them.  Not sure about the color I'm thinking I need something in a dark finish to tie in the curtain rod and chandy...  Justin specifically mentioned this style so it would be nice to incorporate something he wants. =] 
Another option I'm into are these wall sconces... I would definitely spray the base black though and the third option I'm thinking is this lamp. I think it would be a subtle addition to the room where we already have some crazy patterns and bold colors.
 
JONSBO BÄRBY Table lamp IKEA Dimmer function allows the light intensity to be adjusted.BAROMETER Work lamp IKEA Adjustable arm and head makes it easy to direct the light. ÅRSTID Wall lamp IKEA Adjustable head makes it easy to direct the light. Fabric shade gives a diffused and decorative light.
 
 
I really don't know what the best option would be...  I may have to purchase one of each and just try them out!
 
I am obsessed with the Fiddle Leaf Fig and would absolutely LOVE one in our room!  They look like they can get pretty big and I will need to research how to take care of them but aren't they the coolest!
 
Pinned Image
 
I also want to have a little photo wall (shocker!) and will of course add some fun accessories.  The same theme will run into the bathroom so that there is a cohesive feel between the spaces. I am so ready to have our room done so we can focus on the nursery! 
 
 

3 comments:

Sarah Kyle said...

the photo of the built in couches is exactly what our house overseas looks like. my mom did all that tribal, built in, adobe, louis baragan inspired stuff. love this style, I am all about it.

jessica said...

OMG! I was telling Josh the other day that I want a fiddle fig tree for the dining room!! I LOVE the look you are going for, and can totally see it in your house! We need to get together soon :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks ladies!! I am so excited to FINALLY have a master bed and bath! Going shopping this weekend for accessories and hoping I find everything I need!

Jess - do you know where to get a fiddle fig like that? Have you researched it at all?