Thursday, December 02, 2010

Fine Dining

Since I have been so LAME lately with my blog posting... (hey, i'm a busy chick)  I decided to do a double post day :)  There is a lot I need to catch you guys up on.... I have a list going with blog topics I need to cover...  Geesh! Not enough hours in a day.

The dining room has taken us some time to fine tune and complete. I have to say that now, its one of my favorite rooms!  Mixed with new and old pieces, it is a very intimate cute space to dine with guests, with my hubs or by myself (one seat has an exceptionally great view of the TV) :]. 

The first thing I love about our dining room is the arched doorway, it add a lot of interest to the space and gives it more of a "grand" feel while entering into it.  It is small, that would be its only downfall, but the corner window helps bring in a lot of light and makes the room seem more open. 

Before, the dining room seemed closed off and small (remember the doorway that led to the kitchen?), the paint was silly and poorly done and the lighting fixture was circa 1986 and lets face it - Any decor from the 80's is no bueno.... just sayin.

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have of the before. (I wasn't really in the blog picture taking mindset at this point).  Anyways, you see the light, beaten floors and bad paint job - well I guess you cant really tell...

As you saw in the earlier post, we ripped out the doorway to make a larger opening, painted, refinished the floors, refinished the window trimmings and purchased a new lighting fixture. We purchased a new dining set from Mor Furniture and we loves it! It doesn't match our hutch perfectly but it's definitely close enough!


The hutch is a very special piece! My maternal grandparents gave it to us. It was their first piece of furniture they purchased as a married couple in the 50's and they didnt have room for it anymore in their home. I was MORE than happy to take it and whenver people come to look at our place, the hutch ends up being their favorite piece. :]


This vintage cake carrier is from my grandparents on my dad's side.  I LOVE THIS!  I remember every year for my and my Papa's bday (we share one, October 21st)  Grandma would make angel food cake and keep it in this carrier. :]

 
BON APETIT!

No comments: