Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: DAY TWO

DECOR DECOR DECOR!  MY FAVORITE THING!

Christmas is one of the best times to decorate.  Actually it IS the best time to decorate.  There are so many different ways to express Christmas through decor.  Some people go for a Grand, Ornate tree covered top to bottom in ribbon, Regal oranments and a topper that could light a city and others go for a more simple, Charlie Brown feel.

Me you ask?  What do you think?.... VINTAGE with just the right amount of GAUDY! I decided to go this route because of three reasons.  1.  I Love it.  2. I had a ton of hand-me-down cool ornaments and decor and 3.  It fits with the character of our home.  Everything from silver tinsel on the tree to creepy old Santas, our house screams christmas vintage.  I'm sure you would rather see it than listen to be blab.  :]

Outside: We did it pretty simple this year.  I have MUCH bigger plans, but we need to change a few things (hopefully this summer!)  The lights were all hand-me-downs from my grandparents and they work great!

Garlands Galore! I love garlands, especially with lights strung throughout

I Love this picture. I Love everything about my tree and fireplace, I think it turned out great!

 Creepy Santa? Check!

 Poinsettias :]

My Christmas Village.  My Grandma started this village for me and now that she has Alzheimers, it is even more meaningful.

I hope you enjoyed our Christmassy Casa.  I am so excited for the coming weeks and cant wait to share!

2 comments:

Shel Lakin said...

I love your Christmas cheery house. We don't have any. :(

Our gifts are even wrapped in pirate paper.

Stephanie said...

Awwww.... you could do a pirate themed Christmas! :)