Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: DAY ONE

A Little delayed but I think its a good way to start off the 12 Days of Christmas Blogathon that will be hosted here, on my blog.

We had snow at our house!  It was a very exciting thing for me not only because we rarely get snow but also because we live in a valley so when it does snow we never get any!  I think we had about 4-5 inches and it stuck around for a good 3-4 days!  It was fun to see our little downtown area covered in white and it made me extremely thankful for our cozy, warm, home :]





PURTIEEE!!

It all started around lunchtime on Monday, the week of Thanksgiving.  It was snowing all morning but just a light dusting that turned into quarter sized flakes that were coming down so hard - you could barely see through them!  Both Justin and my offices let us head home early and I am so happy they did.  I made it home in 20 minutes (which NEVER happens) and it seemed like as soon as I stepped in the house, poo hit the fan.   TRAFFIC WAS HORRID.  I am NOT exaggerating - NO I'm not!  My poor future brother in law was stuck on a bus for 7 hours.  7 hours to go less than 20 miles.  A friend of mine left work at 3:30pm and didn't get home until 1:30am! 

Snow and Seattle DO NOT MIX.  When we get snow - we shut down.  Justin and I were told to stay home on Tuesday and the roads were still a mess from the night before. 

Anyway, all this purty snow I'm talking about was put to massive shame when we showed up at my in-laws house to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We drove over Wednesday after work (yes, I said work.  I had my snow tires put on so I had NO excuse not to make it in) and got into their neck of the woods around 9pm.  The snow there was above my knee and the City of Spokane was still able to function and go about their daily lives.  Quite the opposite of what we had just experienced in our homeland.   Oh well.  We had a wonderful, relazing weekend and I gained about 1,000,876,982,235,987,344.02 pounds.   I'm serious.

 Justin and Buddy
 Joy, Peg and Whit
 Rupert and Buddy
 Whit and Kev
 We watched a ton of home videos and I HAD to snap this picture of my man as a little guy!! SO CUTE
Whit, Mamma Llama and I
My mother-in-law and I did some Black Friday shopping (the non-agressive kind) and decorated her Christmas tree. They had a live fire roaring daily and it was so peaceful to feel the warmth and hear the crackling while watching the snowfall outside.  Justin and I built the biggest snowman I had ever seen and I slipped and fell while trying to shovel about 103.2 times.

The Countdown to Christmas has officially begun...GOBBLE GOBBLE!



No comments: