Sunday, March 27, 2011

Feelin Blue

When it comes to painting the upstairs, I know that I want to be more bold with my color choices.  I want the rooms to make more of a statement and have more visual interest.
You saw in this post the journey of ridding the home of its knotty wood by adding layer after layer of primer.  Now it's time to add some color to the space...
Blue.

I taped three Behr color swatches next to the window to see what the color might look like during the and the night. 
I decided to go with the bottom swatch. Pictured more closely below, you can see the colors a little better.  I really liked the very bottom color but felt that it was a tad too dark.  After a lot of thought I decided to go with the one right above it called "Wipeout".  I am extremely excited and a little nervous about this decision.  I hope that it ends up looking great!

To break up the bold color, I chose to paint the desk a light grey.  I think it will make the blue less shocking and would be better than keeping it a stark white.  The trims, closet door and bedroom door will remain white. 


On a side note, I think I will be repainting the living room and dining room as well.  I am in tan overload and need to break up the neutral main floor.  Still need to make decisions on that and will worry about it later.  Until then, I'm off to paint.  Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Shermans on Tapps said...

Can never go wrong with Behr!