Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Cinco Star Enchiladas

I hope you all had a festive Cinco de Mayo! In the spirit of the holiday I give you a fresh tasty twist on enchiladas!

Since Justin and I stared eating vegetarian/vegan, it's been really fun trying new recipes that are plant strong.  Changing our diet has made us both feel so much better and have a lot more energy!
 
We were both huge fans of chicken enchiladas so I wanted to try a veggie version.
 
Step 1: Pick all and any veggies you want! I usually use this combo with the exception of the zucchini and squash.  I usually use orange and yellow peppers but didn't have any so I opted to try out these!  I use the avocado to slice and eat on the side.
 
 
The magic of this recipe is this enchilada sauce.  IT'S AMAZING! AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!

 
Step 2: Chop/slice all your veggies and sauté them on the stove with some of the enchilada sauce.  Sauté until all veggies are softened.

 
Step 3: Pull out your tortillas and fill with the veggie mix. Spread a little of the enchilada sauce along the bottom of the baking pan to prevent sticking and add a little more flava.  Place rolled enchiladas in pan and top with a little more sauce and cilantro.  Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Or until warmed through.

 
Step 4: Remove from the oven and serve!  You can add salsa, avocado or whatever you want on top of the enchiladas!  You can serve with chips and salsa, rice or whatever you like. 

 
This recipe can be personalized to whatever you desire, the magic is in the sauce! 
 
Bon Appetite!

No comments: