Saturday, May 17, 2014

Babyproofing.

Since we've had Cru, we have had to do a lot of baby proofing.  We've had to buy outlet covers, cabinet thing a ma bobbers and stairway gates. With the inside taken care of, we needed to assess our outdoor situation to make sure little boo boo wouldn't get any major boo boos whilst playing outside.
 
Justin is demonstrating our main problem.  You spy? 
 
We have a set of outdoor stairs that lead down to our basement.  They are concrete and a little person would fall quite a long ways down. 
 
 
We needed to build a fence. I didn't want a normal fence.  I wanted a cool fence. A fence with visual appeal.  A lattice fence. 
 
Not the X shaped lattice, I really don't like that kind but the + lattice kind.  Our friend Lowe's hooked it up with these babies.
 
 
Justin dug and sunk 4 4x4's around the stairway opening.  We added concrete to the posts and made sure they were level and let them set over night. 
 
 
The next day, we attached the lattice pieces to the 4x4's.
 
 
I'm totally diggin it.  I love it but we're not quite finished.  We need to finish adding the trim pieces on the front and we need to stain it.   We also need to make and attach a gate to the open end of the stairway.  We have a long weekend next weekend and I'm hoping the weather will permit and we can finish tackling the last few of our outdoor projects this year.
 
 
 My goal is to get all my to do lists complete soon so that we can just enjoy the rest of the summer.
 
What outdoor improvements are you making?

No comments: