Wednesday, January 02, 2013

7 Months

 
 I am already in my 7th month of pregnancy and I can't believe it! Time is flying by and I have really been enjoying being pregnant!  I am so thankful to have never experienced morning sickness or any other common uncomforts of early pregnancy.  I am more tired than normal but other than that and a growing belly, I have felt great this whole time!
 
Month 7
Still Wearing Wedding Ring: Yes
Weight Gain: About 20 lbs (YIKES)
Shoe Size: 8 (up from a 7.5)
 
Right now I am fighting a cold which is much harder while pregnant and unable to take the "good meds".  Last week was a crazy week too which left me NO time to get the proper rest I needed.  Luckily for us, this week is a lot less busy.  Robitussin is one over the counter med that my Doctor said I could take so I have been taking that only when extremely necessary.
 
One thing I love is being pregnant during the holidays.  I get to give into every Sparkling Cider craving I have and eat a little more than usual and it's fun to be around family and friends feeling so happy and excited for what our near future has in store.
 
The little baby punches are turning into full on somersaults and it feels so cool!  It's amazing to feel the hardness and roundness of a little head or butt every so often. 
 
I'm loving my "time out".  I am a go go goer, an overscheduler and busy body.  Being pregnant has forced me to slow my roll and just chill...
 
I am feeling anxiety over delivering the baby.  I've been praying for peace and courage and trying my best to leave it after that but it's so hard for me.  I know that my body was created for this and that it will take over and know what to do.  I know that I have the love and support of hubs and family and friends and that lots of people are praying for us. I know that women are doing this on a daily basis and many of my friends have done as recently as a few months ago.  I know that everything is going to be fine but I also know its going to be painful and that my worry comes from the unknown.  Luckily my growing excitement to meet my son is starting to overshadow these fears and I hope it continues this way.
 
A sense of urgency is running through our household to get lots of projects and organizational projects done before the little man arrives.  Thankfully it's not a stressful urgency but one that is pushing us to complete so many clean up, remodel and organize projects that we've been needing to do for some time.
 
I am also hoping to spend the last 10 weeks going on dates and doing all the things we want to before he arrives.  Even though we are so excited I want to treasure the time Justin and I have left as just the two of us with our little four legged boys.

We are having fun with naming this little guy.  We know for sure his first name is Cru.  We're still deciding on the middle name but Cru Dobson is a sure thing!  I'm so excited to kiss his little face and play with his little fingers and toes.  I know that Justin and I will spend most of the time just staring in awe at what we created! 

This whole experience has been so wonderful and has further proven Christ's faithfulness and awesomeness to us.  We are experiencing his miracle of life as well as trust and faith in his timing and faith in his presence in so many different situations.  I am so thankful to know Jesus and am so excited to raise Cru in his truth.

 
I hope you all had a blessed Christmas season and Happy New Year!!!
 

No comments: