Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ottoman Overhaul

You might remember this post... 

Well, I finally did something about them :)

Here is the before, luckily it kind of matched our couches but they definitely had that unfinished look to them.

I followed this tutorial and it worked perfectly!


So off to the fabric store with my friend Kristina and here is what I picked out.  The cream tones matched the couch and chair perfectly while the chocolate matched the curtains.  I chose the design to add a little texture to the room, when we first painted the main floor we chose a lot of neutrals and its starting to get a little boring.  I thought this fabric would add a little visual interest.


This was my first sewing project ever, with that said, it took me about 3 hours just to cut the fabric. 


Once I got to the machine I was cruisin :)



Here is the final product! I was just short of fabric to finish the second cover but I think another yard will get the job done.

I Love it!


No comments: