Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Dobson Den

Now that the Patio Doors are in place, it is time to fill this empty space.  

(Rhyming... ya like that?)

Anyways... this room is going be a multipurpose room and it has a lot of needs to live up to.

First, this room is going to be our home office.  It will need to house our computer and have storage for whatever we need to stash.  I would really like to get this desk.  I think it will provide enough workspace and storage and would fit our needs perfectly. My cousin has a few of the shelves in her home and they are awesome!

For all our storage needs, IKEA makes bins and baskets that fit perfectly into each cubby. A few of those will hide clutter nicely and will add contrast and texture to the room.

Along with being our "office" and having storage.  I would also like this room to be able to be turned into another guest room should we need it.

My parents are giving us a sleeper sofa they have that is in great condition! YAY FOR FREE! I will most likely purchase a couch cover to place over it. 
As far as the decor goes, I posted this "Inspiration Alert" a while back and it is still something that I want to do and will do in this room!
If you don't feel like clicking the link, I found these. They have the "old explorer" look I'm going for and are a cool tribute to one of my favorite places.


The room will have lots of bold colors and will be deemed the vacation room.  Hubs and I have visited Disneyland/World many times and will hang personal photos our times there.  I also just found old photos of my mom and grandparents there in the 60's. Totally framing those!
It sounds like a little much, but I think it will look really cool!  I have older accessories that I am going to put into the space that will add to the "old explorer" look and bolder color choices in the accessories, rug and dress pillows will bring everything together.  Can't wait!
Now we just need to get that darned up stairs finished!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love the Disneyland posters! How cute! :)