Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Feelin Blue Part Two!

So I decided to get more bold in our paint choices and chose to paint our upstairs guest room blue.

The color is Behr's "Wipeout"

And here it is...


YOWZA!

My first thought was "Oh my gosh! Why did I do this, this is why I am a neutrals person! Darnit me!"

Then it started to grow on me.  Here are the things I considered.


1. It will look great once the black curtain rods, new light and black desk drawer knobs are on.
2. The bedding will be white and the curtains a sheer white which will neutralize it a little bit.
3.The room needs carpet.
4. The scallops still need to be cut straight.
5. It could be a little darker but I like it.

The apple green and other bright accent colors will make it a fun inviting room and I think guests will feel that they're at a tropical getaway without being surrounded by Palm Tree murals and lamp shades.

One thing I am going to change is the little cubby.  I am going to paint it blue instead of the grey which I think will look A LOT better!

The desk and trims are painted in a slight grey which is called "Subtle Touch" by Behr.  At first it just looked white, as it does in the pictures.  I think white would have been a little too much of a contrast but this hint of grey looks great next to the blue.


You may think I'm crazy now, but just you wait.  I can see the finished product in my head :)

No comments: