Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Small changes with BIG results!

Along with the bookshelf, I have been doing lots of little things around the house to get it exactly how I want it :)

The first small change is the addition of blue glass added in the kitchen and dining room. I wanted to make these two rooms more cohesive so I decided to rearrange some artwork and add the blue :)

I took this plate piece from the kitchen...



and put it in the dining room.


The plates have a nice turquoise in them which doesn't exactly match the cobalt blue of the glass but gives the space a more cohesive feel by bringing in more colors from the kitchen.


The blue glass has been in my family for years! My grandma has been collecting it and wanted to give some to me!


These two little jars are from the 1920's!




I love the color it adds!

The second small change at Casa Dobson are a couple little additions to the picture wall.  One of my best buddies Macey and I traveled to Seattle one day for some antique shopping.  Most of the treasures we found were WAY out of our price range, but it was so much fun to poke around.  We had to take a lunch break due to the overwhelming amount of things to look at!

I did find two little things that I thought would be perfect to add to our photo wall.  I wanted to break up the bulky frames with some unique, yet personalized pieces.  For $5, I did just that :)


The first was this great "d", I bought it for obvious reasons (last name being Dobson) and I LOVE IT! I want to get more "D"s to spread around the house!


I also found this old "friends" flash card.


I really like how it turned out! I want to find more little pieces to add to the walls. 

Yahoo, Yippy, Yay!

Stay tuned for a semi-home made chalkboard! 

No comments: