Monday, June 23, 2014

#noleftovers4baby

Saturday my friend Sarah and I hosted a picnic themed baby shower for our friend Alexis!  She is expecting her first-born son in August and I am so excited for her!
 
Alexis loves burgers, strawberries and pie so we knew right away a summer picnic theme would be perfect! We hosted the shin dig at my place and our guest list included our closest college girlfriends.
 
 
Sarah and I have thrown a few parties together and this one was so fun and easy breezy.  We were blasting ZZ Ward on Pandora and eating and catching up.

To create a unique outdoor setting, we placed a rug, couple of end tables and a bunch of mismatched chairs outside for a eclectic, vintage vibe.  The drinks were positioned on my vintage cooler and the whole thing came together so nicely! The weather was absolutely gorgeous which also made it great!
 
 
 
The menu consisted of sliders, salad, watermelon, strawberries, pie, pickles and French fries. We got glass bottle sodas and made a fruit infused water drink for our peeps to enjoy.  Everything was super tasty!  We were joking that even though only 5 of us were in attendance, we wanted to make sure there were no left overs.  Thus the #noleftovers4baby hashtag was born.  We always try to think of random hashtags when we party and instagram together so this time was no exception!
 
 
 
Here are some of my lovely lady friends. 
 
 
 
I feel there is a baby boom amongst my friends.  I have a few more showers to throw before the year ends.  I definitely don't mind! Party on!

No comments: