Sunday, September 29, 2013

Paint it On!

Three years ago it was my wonderful idea to paint the house an olive green...


I don't like it. The grass is green, the plants are green and the house was green.  I had nightmares about green...

This summer we decided to add some color! I turned to Pinterest for some color inspiration and out of the millions of choices there are, charcoal gray got me all excited!  I think it such a great neutral but adds a modern flare to whatever you put it on!  It's not the most exciting color choice but I knew I was going to pair it with a bright color on our screen door.


We decided to go with a light butter yellow for the screen door. I looked at both the house and screen door paint canister to catch the paint colors but they aren't on there! So sorry I can't share those with you. 

Anywho, I love how the screen door turned out.  I'm still startled by the brightness when I pull in the driveway but it's very fresh looking and has a cheerier presence.  Another change we made was to move the house numbers from the right of the door to the bottom of the screen door.  The black numbers are a great contrast to the light yellow and I think it makes the numbers stand out more. The yellow on the door matches the center of the mums I recently planted for the fall season!  It's the little things... :]


I also made a quick DIY fall wreath for our door.  I used a wreath form from the dollar store and some ribbon and festive fall garland I had on hand.  It turned out simple yet cute and I like how the orange looks with the yellow and gray of the house!  Once I add some pumpkins and a cute yard sign I'm making, it will all come together!


Down the road we have plans to extend the entry and add some more curb appeal but until then I am very happy with this!   I also have to shout out to the hubs for working so hard on this! You rock babe!

No comments: