Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Baby D Nursery

I am so excited to decorate the nursery for our sweet little boy! I want him to have a fun and unique room that will be visually stimulating for his developing eyes and incorporate pieces that can mature from a nursery to a "big boy" room.
 
The subtle theme I chose was "retro Disney" and want to incorporate an eclectic mix of textures, patterns and colors.  I already have a couple pieces I want to use in combination of a bunch of new stuff.  :)
 
With that said, I give you Baby D's Nursery!
 
 
 
1. Here is the actual room baby will be sleeping in! Since this picture has been taken, I have painted the cubby blue, hubs trimmed the scallops to create a straight line and chocolate carpet has been put in.
 
2. This red desk was a street find I mentioned in this post.  We will need to secure it to the wall, but it will be perfect with all the drawers and shelf underneath.  We'll just need to add a changing pad to the top!
 
3. I want to incorporate either a bold rug or bold window treatments.  I haven't decided which yet...
 
4. I've always wanted a marquee light too.  Once we figure out the name I think it would be cool to get his initials in these lights.
 
5. I'm obsessed with this industrial style light.  I love everything about this light.  It's happening.
 
6. I also want to get a good floor lamp like this one.  Some accent lighting is nice so you don't have to have the overhead light on all the time.
 
7. To support my theme, I want to incorporate vintage Disney attraction posters as the room art.  I'm going to pick more of the "boyish" posters (obviously).  This allows me to instill my love of Disney to my bebe without having Mickey plastered all over the walls...
 
8. I am also obsessed with this crib.  It adds the perfect touch of retro to the space. This will also be happening.
 
9.  I registered for this chair and ottoman.  I love how it brings a more traditional feel to the space and I chose an ivory color because there is going to be a lot color and patterns going on in the room.
 
10. I also want to do a wall of book storage like this one I found on pinterest.  Some friends of ours gave us a bunch of children's books and I can't wait to display them all!  What a fun idea to add function and a playful accent wall.
 
11. Fun baby accessories like this mobile, owl bank, books and stuffed animals will tie this room together.
 
We haven't bought anything for the space but I can't wait to do so!
 

2 comments:

Aimee Ann said...

Eeeeeee! I am so excited. We have to do lots of fun DIY projects before he comes! I have lots of awesome stuff pinned on pinterest that I want to try too.

Looks great, I'm glad you got rid of the girly scallops, that just would not do.

Love ya!

Stephanie said...

I want to do LOTS of DIY! I want to build the bookshelves, make the curtains, a bunting and whatever else I can :) I'm excited we are going to do it together!!!

Yes, the girly scallops HAD to go... It's much more manly now!

LOVE YOU!!!