Monday, September 19, 2011

Street Finds

You never know where you are going to find great items for decorating your house. Sometimes you can find them in a dumpster or in someones yard.  For me, its been all the above. The little town of Sumner has been bursting with great street finds lately! I love finding bargains and they seem to be everywhere lately!  Recently, I have found lots and lots of great pieces for our home.

Keep your eyes open. I found this gorgeous red desk sitting on the side of the road and for $20 I had to pick it up! I slammed on my brakes once I saw that gorgeous red and thought this piece would be a great TV stand or even a changing table. Lots of possibilities for this guy!


These great pillows were sitting in my neighbors yard and I snagged each of them for $1!
I love the warm golden color and they fit perfectly with my decor in different areas of the house.



Because of this purchase I will always, always pop into a store that is going out of business. I found this big blue lamp at the Salvation Army during their "Going out of Business" sale. I scored this puppy for $4.00.  This is a huge lamp and the light seafoam green color goes great in our space.


While antiquing with a friend of mine, I found another "D" for my photo wall and these two vintage black frames.  My grand total came to $10.00.   Not sure if I am going to keep the Black frames yet or use them in a gift I have planned for someone... hmmmm what to do, what to do!


The ultimate score was this box.  A friend of ours found this box sticking out of a dumpster behind one of the boutiques down on Main Street and gave it to us!  This baby is full of things I am excited to use to decorate our home this Holiday season...

Two snowmen, poinsettias, autumn leaves, a picture and lots of other goodies resided in this thrown out box...


but the greatest treasure we found was this...


What is that you ask?........  I have no idea.......  an owl coming out of a cupcake?.... 

 If I wanted to purchase this unique little treasure from the store that disposed of it, I would only have to pay $23.00.......  weird. I know.  From now on I will be keeping my eyes on the dumpsters.

Anywho, stay tuned to see what I do with my found treasures :]

1 comment:

jessica said...

Haha! I LOVE your pillows ;) ;) I wonder where you got them?? lol They look great where you have them!