Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mama Likey!

This. Is. It. This is the missing puzzle piece to our living room. I want it and I need it. It is exactly what I am looking for and I think you get the point.

Allow me to introduce to you Pottery Barn's Leena Media Console. It is red, antiqued and perfect.


There is only one problem. 

$599.99

Holy Buckets. That's not going to work for the Dobson household. Sad face.

Soooooo............... I came across another option.

Ana White is a Wood Working Diva, she can build any and everything and she even has a tutorial (here) to built a close replica to my Sweet Leena.


The only problem with this option is that it looks pretty tricky. There is a lot of detail going into this project....but who knows, maybe we'll give it a go?

Another thing I thought might work is finding an old dresser, cutting it down, adding legs and molding where it's needed and painting it red...

Hmmmm.... choices, choices...

Along with a new Media Cabinet comes a new TV. I want something smaller and flat that will blend nicely into the space instead of yelling "LOOK AT ME"...

This is something that will most likely happen a little later in the year but I am excited that I have found a visual for my design vision.

TBD.

No comments: