Thursday, April 07, 2011

California/Girls Trip/Family Time 2011

This past week, I got to go on a girls trip with my mom and sister to the Golden State.

We traveled up and down SO CAL and had a blast with my little grandparents in tow.

We flew into Palm Springs where my grandparents AND in-laws have a house in a great little community.


This row of palm trees (seen above and below) lines the entry road that takes you from one end of the neighborhood to the other. Palm Trees make me happy =)


This is a little house on the golf course that my in-laws are working on. This is the work of the "Machine".


After spending one day in the desert, we made our way to Thousand Oaks, CA, a two-and-a-half hour drive to see my Uncle Bob, Aunt Tammie, Cousins Darby, Dane and Sam and their three pets.



This is a REALLY BAD picture of the Disney Animation Studios.


And this is another REALLY BAD picture of the Disney Studios in Burbank. I had to take pictures, it's Disney. Hello?! Duh!


We finally arrived in Thousand Oaks to be greeted by the newest member of the Schuett clan.

Bruce.

He made my skin craw a little but he's cute!


This is Heather and Lily.  Lily is a sweet, blind Chihuahua and is the queen of the house.


This is Bruiser. This lovable pup made me miss the A-team. (Abu & Ace)


We spent the day poolside and outside enjoying the hot weather.  California has been going through a cold spell and the day we arrived is the day the hot weather came. How convenient!




The next morning we all made our way to Anaheim to visit the "Happiest Place on Earth"

We got to see a little Conan,


Some outrageously awesome architecture,


and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. 








It was great to spend time with family and see the sunshine.  I didn't come back as brown as I had hoped but had a BLAST! 

No comments: