Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Living Room - BADA BING BADA BOOM!

The living room is definitely the room that Justin and I hang out most in so we wanted it to be a comfy place where we can relax and where others can feel right at home.  Right off the bat this room was one of the selling points of the house to me.  It has great windows that let in a lot of natural light and amazing arched doorways! 

Before we started giving it a little TLC, we needed to do two things... 1. Refinish the hardwood floors (My gosh that was hard work - more on that later) and 2. Paint. 

Here are some before pics... Pretty basic. 


Annnnnd here is the painting phase. 
Sidenote:  I like painting, it allows me to completely zone out and think of lots of different things.  Just thought I would share. :]


Hot Outfit I know... Don't be jealous.

Our Living room has spent a lot of time only being "partially decorated" but now I can definitely say that I LOVE THIS ROOM!  I love the color, I love how all my pieces fit together and I love the Old World look. 

 Like I did with the rest of the main floor (kitchen, bathroom), I am trying to keep it "older" looking with vintage furniture pieces and accessories but want it to have all the comforts of a modern home.  Its eclectic yet charming and I fall more in love with our house every day!


That amazing antique chair was $10!!! The upholstry matches the picture and vase on my fireplace mantle. I didn't have to change a thing!!


Sidenote: Hard back books (minus the paper cover) make for great decorating accents. (Notice the complete Harry Potter and Twilight series) :]


Anywho, that pretty much sums up our living room makeover.  Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,Justin

It is looking good I love the Pic cant wait to see it in person on day.. Hope all is well...

David Junior