Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dog Run Fun Part II

Where did the past 4 weeks go? I don't know... Somewhere I guess...
About a week after my last post, we finished the Doggie run. They are in there everyday and although they prefer to roam freely, I think they are getting used to it. =]
Here is how we finished everything.

All the boards, wiring and gates are up and in place.  We added a thick layer of gravel all along the pen which has been a lifesaver during these muddy months!


We put a gate into the back yard so that we can easily get in there to scoop poop, fill water and maintain the area...


We added some flagstone pieces to eliminate more possible mud problems.  It doesn't look very pretty now but this Spring we will fine tune everything and make it look all purty. =]


Peeking in through the gate...


We also created access for them to get into a nice warm dog pen we built.


We need to put some carpet in there still (which we have) and I want to create another access door to the bigger back section.  Other than that, it is finished and we are soooo happy they have their own space!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey are in there everyday and although they love this site prefer to roam freely, I think they are getting used to it.

Anonymous said...

T posts and 4' wire would be less labor intensive and costly. I did about what you did. I used 1/2 of our existing fence and added a 12' with and 70 foot inside fence, with a gate. I have a 94 pound Rottie, so she needs lots of room to roam.

Dog Run said...

wow! this is so nice post.

Anonymous said...

How much did this cost? I'm looking to do something similar!