Thursday, October 06, 2011

Inspiration Alert!

I just shared with you the beginning stages of our back yard and I thought it would be fun to share with you our plans regarding the front! 

Here is our house.  There are been some changes since this photo was taken but it give you an idea of what were working with.


Here is our inspiration! I found this beaut on Pinterest and fell in love with it instantly!  I would like to mimic the cedar shakes since our home as a similar set back roof area and will definitely be painting the house in the same grey color.  I would also like to add thicker trims and mouldings all over and throw in some black accents.  



I love this with my whole heart and can't wait to start next Summer!


Other things we would like to do would include adding a short fence on the left side of the house to separate our property from our neighbors (to keep our pups in check) and some sort of fencing along the front with a gate. I don't want anything view blocking so maybe wrought iron or something? We also want to create a larger stoop in the front door area and will extend the front door roof out further and will match the angular peak of the other roof lines. Plus we need a new roof and gutters and blah blah!

Whew! We are going to need some serious time and moolah!

Anywho. Just thought I'd share =] 

Tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments: